Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Planning for lunch

I was in a rush to leave this morning and almost didn't bring a lunch. As I was rushing out the door I thought, "I'll just swing into the grocery store and get a salad at some point". But, a little voice in the back of my mind said "Oh yeah, right! You'll stop alright but it won't be for salad. A drive through is much easier." 

Today is going to be an emotional, busy, hectic kinda day. I'm at work early working on a few deadlines, I'm meeting my tax person (icky!) later this morning and I'm wrapping up the day meeting with a lawyer for a personal matter (double icky! - no offense to Barry, Letha!). If I don't have lunch with me, I know I will likely not stay on plan and I just don't want to risk that.

So, when that little voice piped in, I decided I wouldn't let it win. I ran back in the house and grabbed my cottage cheese, yogurt, an apple, and banana for later. It took me all of 2 extra minutes to grab that stuff. It didn't make me late for work. It didn't add any additional stress to my day. In fact it set me up for feeling great as I face the challenges today will surface.

One challenge down. Only a few more left to tackle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping me a note!