Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What's it look like?

I was pondering today on my walk what I'll look like when I get to goal.  I can't even fathom it.  I've been overweight my entire adult life.  Picturing myself skinny is like asking me to picture air.  It's tough. 

Will my dimples stand out more?  Will my small features (nose and ears primarily) not be as lost on my face?  Will my upper body match my lower body?  What size will I wear?  Will I still be considered muscley?

What I do know is that I'll feel great.  I was remembering today how awesome it used to feel when I'd slip into that pair of jeans that was the next size down.  And, literally, I would slip into them instead of stuffing into them like I do now.  I was thinking of how awesome it was to see overweight pics of myself do comparisons to where I was. 

Those were things that kept me going.  I'm finding them again slowly but surely.  I've been on plan since I started writing this blog again and am feeling wonderful.  My energy is coming back up, my weight is dropping (2lbs on my home scale) and I'm starting to feel again how it felt to be on top of my life.

I don't know what I'll look like but whatever happens, I can't wait to find out!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder the same thing. I don't think I'll ever be skinny, but I'd like to be fit. Great job staying on plan. Pretty soon your ponderance will see fruition:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!