Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Updates and Apologies

Wow, it's been awhile, huh? Sorry fellow bloggers. I've been neglecting my duties! Life has just gotten crazy busy and I'm dealing with things as they come along. My apologies for not blogging sooner.

I'm down 28 something pounds since the start of the team challenge (woot woot!). Today I was up .5 because of some poor choices on Sunday night. I had to put my 19-year-old pup down on Sunday morning and that impacted me far more than I thought it would. Instead of processing (or writing in my journal) as I should have, I went to Mexican food. The salt and grease only served to further the sadness and I'm learning albeit slowly that those unwise choices don't do me any good in the long run.

As for everything else, it's chugging along. I wrote out my weight loss goals and they look as follows:

From today, I want to lose 56 pounds to hit my original goal weight of 157. If I hit 157, I will have lost completely 1/2 of who I was when I started this back in the day.

Here's how it breaks down.

56 pounds = 28 weeks (average 2 pounds per week)
Starting weight (as of today) 213.7
Ending weight 157

Ending date = September 18.

Thinking that I'll be dieting until Sept 18th isn't exactly exciting for me, but knowing that an end in sight is awesome. I'm thinking of what life was like at my lowest (189) and it was good. I can't even imagine how great it will be at 157. I think it might just be amazing. No, I'm sure it will be.

Onward, downward, and forward. That's my motivation!

I have 3 weeks left of this team challenge and I'd like to be down below 200 by the end of it. Doable, right? I say YES! Why not?

3 comments:

  1. Good to see your update! Yes, YOU can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very doable!! Sorry about your pup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and reasonable goals! Sept 18. YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!