Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Another successful weekend in the books and I'm feelin' great!

It was an action packed weekend with food temptations around every corner.

Friday night I went with some friends to see the Professional Bull Riders (PBR). We met at a brewery and while they indulged in burgers and brews, I enjoyed a chicken salad with dressing on the side. At the event, I passed up beer and instead had a tastey diet soda. After the event, a couple of us went out for a few "drinks". Diet soda was again my drink of choice. Shockingly, I wasn't tempted. I was instead proud of my decisions.

On Saturday, I had a date (eek!) and knew that a dinner out would mean even more temptation. I was ready for it though. We went to Mexican where I passed up the chips and salsa and instead again ordered a nice big salad that I topped with spicy salsa. It was a great night even though he teased me about eating rabbit food. That's ok though. The teasing was in good fun and I knew that I'd rather be eating rabbit food and feeling slim, pretty, and sexy rather than eating something else and feeling bloated, greasy, and out of control. That was priceless and worth a little teasing.

Yesterday, Super Bowl. The prime time for me to go off track. But, I ate before I went to the party and knew that while I was there, I would focus on the game and the company instead of eying the treats. I passed up chips, candy (M&M's to be exact), and birthday cake.

This weekend of food temptation was only missing pizza! But going through a busy, food rich weekend and being successful was awesome. I kept my own needs front and center throughout the entire weekend and I'm so proud of that. Nothing like tooting my own horn here ... but when I slipped on my size 8 jeans and they were comfortable and I felt sexy in them, that was worth way more to me than any food I might have slipped into my mouth. Success is by far sweeter!

Tomorrow's weigh-in is gonna be great!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you. I think you are on your way to recovery and happiness again. God Bless

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!