Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New Numbers! Oh happy day!

Yeah, I'm a goober but I'm super excited to be in new numbers today and down 4.8 for the week. Yippeee!!!!! 5 weeks into this renewed weight loss thing and I'm down approximately 25 pounds. Sweet!

Top that little tidbit off with the fact that yesterday I jogged a whole mile without stopping, dying, hyperventilating, or feeling like I was going to vomit and I'm counting this as one of my most successful weeks in awhile!

In fact, I was super excited about the running bit and plan to make that a regular habit. I have tried it before but haven't been the best at truly committing to it. I was doing short jogs between my walking bursts but I'd like to get up to jogging a 5K race sometime this summer.

I might ... maybe ... even sign up for something to give me a goal to work toward ... GASP!

Things are changing physically and mentally and it's a good thing. I'm thankful for where I'm at right now even though I know I have further to go. I'm on the right path and that's priceless.

2 comments:

  1. SO happy for you! I love your renewed enthusiasm! Looking forward to seeing your progress and to see you forge new trails figuratively and literally! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running (if you don't die) can be such a rewarding process. I have felt such a sense of accomplishment and control of my life when I've done it! This could be a great habit! I KNOW you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!