Monday, January 31, 2011

Ready for a new week

Wow, week 2 of being 100% on plan and I'm kicking some serious booty on my weight loss! At home, my scale says I've lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm not sure what the scale will say at THW tomorrow but I'm ready for whatever the numbers might be.

My clothes are fitting better. I have oodles more energy. And I'm feeling so positive about life and my decisions these days. That's worth more to me than what the scale might say. Although ... ok to be honest, I'm hoping the numbers really are good tomorrow because that would mean new numbers and a drop into new numbers would mean I've pushed past the wall that I've hit head first in past weight loss attempts. It's the wall I've hit, fell into, and then given up.

I don't feel a shred of that this time though. I'm charging forward and making wise choices.

Saturday was probably the most tempting day I've had in ages. I had a volunteer training which led into an afternoon of horse riding. I knew I'd be there all day so I packed a lunch and planned for success. In our volunteer meeting, we shared the room with the smell of pulled pork which was ruminating in a crock pot for lunch. Pulled pork, BBQ sauce, rolls (ugh!), lasagna (double ugh!) and rice crispy treats (triple ugh!) all accosted me throughout the day and just beckoned me to indulge.

At the end of the volunteer session, I couldn't get out of there fast enough! My rumbling tummy was just about to give into the allure of the temptations and I needed to exit before I did something I'd regret. I grabbed a spoon and darted off to my trailer where I threw myself into my yogurt and cottage cheese with more fever than I've felt in ages! Staying on plan felt great.

That evening a few friends and I went to see a movie. Awwww ... the movie theater. I used to go to the dollar store in advance of the theater where I'd stock up on chocolate candy and gummy worms. Armed with those goodies, once at the theater, I'd buy popcorn and a soda. I again was planning for success this time though. I tucked an apple in my purse and once at the theater bought a big bottled water.

As I watched the movie with my friends, munched on my apple, and listened to them smack on buttery popcorn, I was amazed at how awesome I felt not indulging. I went to bed Saturday night feeling energized and successful instead of bloated and greasy. That's an awesome feeling and one I'm so thankful to experience.

I'm not 100% sure what the scale will show tomorrow but no matter what it says, I'm going to feel great about the successes I've had thus far.

Taking control of my life is priceless. Food is not controlling me and I'm feeling powerful.

3 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB on your eating this weekend! Hope your WI is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the weight loss. Way to get back on the saddle.LOL. I dont know, that seemed funny in my head.You know since your a horseback rider an all. Geez sorry. But still awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jen!

    Gracie ~ That's so funny! The theme for this challenge at THW is "Saddle up your horses, we've got a trail to blaze". Given that and the fact that I have horses, your comment is spot on! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!