Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year! New Day! New Me!

Welcome 2011! I'm a little bit behind in getting on the bandwagon but that doesn't mean I'm any less enthused to welcome in a new year which will bring new beginnings and a chance for a new me.

TS moved out on the 31st and it was quite symbolic to welcome in the new year with a fresh attitude, home, and spirit.

I've been mapping out my goals and applying my 2011 word "repair" to all areas of my life ... starting with my home.

Having my space back and wholly mine meant some changes needed to be made to make it truly MINE again. I've always felt that my home was my castle but I needed to make some physical changes to feel it was a comforting place for me again. Armed with a paint brush and paint, I transformed my living room into a peaceful, comforting haven and I love it.

I do have to say though that I find it a bit ironic that my colors are Cherry Cobbler and Chocolate Coco ... but as Letha said, "Paint it! Don't eat it!" Those are good words to live by for sure!


Last night, after the hustle and bustle of a few days of cleaning, moving, painting, and organizing, I got to truly enjoy my new space. I curled up on my couch with a few loving pups at my feet (one by my side too course), wrapped up in a blanket and enjoyed a cup of mint tea while I reflected on 2010 and in turn started prepping for 2011.

This is going to be a good year. I feel it in my bones. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I can tackle this year and make it what I want it to be. I'm 34 this year and by the time I'm 35, I want to be at my goal weight, living my best life. In order to do that, I'm focusing on repairing the parts of me that are broken. Now that my home is in tiptop shape, it's time to repair my body. I'm making wise food choices and taking care of myself because time goes by quickly and I refuse to let another year pass me by as I sit on the sidelines and wish for change.

In 2011, I'm taking the bull by the horns, coming out swinging, and taking charge of my own life.

2011 is going to rock!

6 comments:

  1. You're AWESOME! With this attitude....everything is possible. Determination and clear goals! You're off and running!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that positive attitude! And I love your living room! 2011 is definitely going to rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love the COLOR! :) That is such a warm red...Love it! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful room!

    you have an award on my blog :)

    www.momincali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knock Knock Miss Wendy... it's been two weeks since you posted and I just wanted to make sure you are doing okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your health and fitness blog. Your article about starting fresh in the year 2011 was especially interesting. I especially liked your comments about keeping on track with your health and fitness, because afterall, it is a new year and time for changes or a renewal of those fitness goals from last year. I am adding you to my favorites. Since you and your readers are interested in health and fitness, we thought you would like to check out our ab workout machine called The AbStand. The AbStand is a full-body workout machine that provides an easy way for you to keep your New Year's resolution! Any feedback would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!