Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Struggle A Day

Isn't it amazing what a difference a day makes?

Today being on plan is a struggle. The stress and anxiety I've been fighting for the last couple weeks has seeped into my soul and taken over my brain. It is consequently playing negative tapes and suggesting I eat, eat some more, and then eat just a tad bit more and it will all be better ... magically.

Even though I know that's not the truth, my body and brain and working overtime to convince me it is. Thus, the candy dish, kitchen cookies, and Red Robin lunch are all calling me at a fervent pitch. My stomach is actually jumping on the bandwagon too and is rolling, gurgling, and talking in an attempt to force me to dig into the Christmas cookies that lay in weight (oops ... Freudian slip) in the kitchen.

It's one of those days where I need to fight back and take control of my thinking.

Yes, I need to focus on what's right in my life right now. What am I happy with? What is in my control today?

I'm thrilled that my jeans were a bit looser when I put them on this morning. I've lost 10 pounds. That's nothing to sneeze at! I know when I eat well, I feel well. The blemishes on my face go away and I can walk into a room with confidence again. By making wise food choices, I do feel more in control and can focus on the feeling behind the craving. Dealing with the feelings sucks, but when I do that, I do feel so much better in the long run.

I can't control the things that are stressing me out right now ... hence why they are stressing me out! ... but I can control how I think, feel, and what I do in reaction to them. I know that if I can stay strong today, I will be even stronger the next time temptation knocks.

Motivation is in the doing.

So, today, I'm DOING! And putting my faith in the fact that by doing, I'll believe and follow through.

After all, weigh in is tomorrow and I'd like to mark some more feet off my goal sheet!

3 comments:

  1. I know you can do it. Going off plan is just going to make things worse. They will not make you feel better. Keep strong. Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can so do it Wendy! You are strong! I appreciate you being so honest in your blog. I'm behind you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! :D I so appreciate your support!

    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!