Tuesday, December 14, 2010

REWARD! (and I'm a goober)

Wuhoo! Today I reached my first 10 pound goal which means .... (drum roll please) ... It's reward time!

The first reward is some time with my horse, Scout. I see an extended grooming session followed up by some arena time in my future. And, just because I did battle with some demons this week and come out successful, I'm going to follow that up with a hot bath and a good book instead of the housework I'd originally planned to tackle. Aw, it's going to be a good night.

On another note, I made a complete goober out of myself today.

I went to The Healthy Weigh at lunch and one of the attendees came up to me and introduced herself as reader of my blog.

I'm always a loss when I meet someone that reads these ramblings. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love it because their stories always encourage me too but my first reaction is generally "WOW! They DO exist!" (kinda like the M&M's commercials).

So, she introduces herself, and in the silence that ensues I'm struggling to think of something to say. Oh my goodness ... what do I say? Thanks for reading? Cool, thanks for following along? Why in the world would you read this blog?

Although none of those are good options, what I pop out with is "Oh yeah? And you're finding value in that are you?" Um, really? Did I really just say that? Yep, that's all I got. I immediately feel like an idiot and I know my face turned 20 shades of red. Of course she's finding value in it, silly!!!! She's reading it, isn't she?

The truth is that I love to write this blog. It keeps me honest. When I'm off plan, I either can't write or when I do muster a few words, they're hallow. I guess in some ways, this has turned into my personal journal. Often times, I forget that real, live, breathing, dieting, people are actually reading this. Having people comment and meeting the readers in person are good reminders that I'm not in this alone. Although our paths are different, we're all working toward the same goal ... a healthier, happier future.

Anyway, I guess I relate all this so that I can apologize to her for being a little "off" during our conversation. Once that popped outta my mouth, I was waffling between thinking how cool it was that she was at her goal and then back to "why did I say that?!?!!". I'm sure I came across as a bit distracted!

So, to the beautiful, thin, and inspiring person I met today: I so enjoyed meeting you and you looked GREAT! Many, many congrats on reaching your goal weight. I know it's a struggle to maintain (the journey is never over, right?), but the fact that you reached your goal, means you can stay on the right path once you've made a decision to do so. You have the tools you need to be successful and I'm inspired by you. Thank you for that inspiration. I needed it.

3 comments:

  1. You are so not alone! Thank you for putting yourself out there. It takes courage to be this vulnerable. You got this, keep on going, I'm cheering for ya! j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! Your weirdo followers know that we embarass you when we recognize/introduce ourselves. But we don't care that you might not know what to say- because you are a blessing to us and we want you to know that! :) I can't tell you how many times God has used you as I am about to head to the fridge- and then read your post- and suddenly that midnight snack doesn't even sound good! Woohoo! Keep posting, girl! (And embrace your celebrity! hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doanz, you crack me up! Thank you for your kind words. You guys are a blessing to me too. Accountability, inspiration, and motivation are wonderful things! :D

    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!