Monday, December 13, 2010

Numbers Update

I weighed in Thursday and I'm down 4.1 pounds since the previous Thursday which is 7 pounds total for the week.

Wuhoo! I love week 1 weight loss. It's so cool. It's motivating in and of itself. I feel empowered today.

For this week's homework, I need to come up with some goals and rewards. I have a major reward scheduled every 10 pounds (wuhoo ~ 3 more pounds to go!) but I need to put some thought into a few other rewards along the way. In the past, I substituted spending for food and I don't want to do that on this journey. Instead, I need to think about giving myself healthy, balanced, unique rewards that don't always involve spending money.

I'm at a loss.

My list at this point:
  • A luxurious lavender bath with candles, music, a cup of something nice to drink (you know like diet soda in a wine glass), and my Kindle.
  • Time with my horse which might mean a trail ride, an extra good horse brushing, or an evening hanging out in the barn with my good friend and our pups.
Yeah. That's it. Help!!!!! Ideas anyone? What do you do to reward yourself as you're making a change?

I wasn't so good at this whole process last time so I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that I'm going to get it right this time. It's one of the many keys to success and since I plan to be successful, I plan to work the goals and rewards like there's no tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Just go shoplift something nice for youself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Jack is too funny. Way to go Wendy. Im so happy things are going better. Wishing you all the best. Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jack! GREAT idea! I could substitute food and shopping for shoplifting ... :D If caught, at least I wouldn't get a death sentence like I would if I kept using food ....Funny guy!

    And, thank you Gracie! I appreciate the well wishes ... right backatcha!

    Happy Monday, my friends!

    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you from gracie's blog.. congrats on the weight loss!! you look amazing!

    This is a great idea.. I need to come up with some ideas that don't involve money as rewards too. If I come up with any I'll share with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!