Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gummin' up the situation

Gum. I love it. It's a lifesaver. When I'm craving sugar or dessert, I pop in a piece of gum, down a bottle of water, and tell myself I'm full. Most of the time it works.

Up until yesterday, my gum of choice had been sugarfree bubbleyum. The flavor of that gum takes me back to my childhood and is not only a way to keep me from straying off plan, it is that little treat I need to push past the hurdle.

Yesterday I discovered Extra Dessert Delights and in so doing I think I might have found a little slice of heaven wrapped in tinfoil. The gum comes in three flavors; Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream (my personal fav), Strawberry Shortcake (a close second), and Key Lime Pie.

I mean, really.

The. Best. Gum. Ever.

The chocolate chip is sweet, minty, chocolatey and the flavor lasts for quite awhile. The best part ... it's guilt free. At just 5 calories per stick as opposed to hundreds of calories for the real thing, I think I'll stick with the gum!

I don't know what it is about gum that helps with the cravings, but perhaps ours is not to question and instead just go with whatever works.

Tonight is the weigh in. I'm hoping the gum trick will help me lose even more weight. More news on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping me a note!