Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Being alone and on plan is almost as hard as being with someone and on plan ... just in a different way. I'd forgotten that little tidbit but was reminded this weekend when TS went hunting leaving me to my own devices for my first weekend back on plan.

When you're alone, no one is there to notice if you slip a few extras in, take a few more bites, have the additional starch, or indulge in a completely off plan treat. When someone is there and I've told them of my commitment to change, I feel obligated to see it through just in case they might notice otherwise.

Of course, on the flip side, when I'm alone, I don't have added off-plan temptation because I've grocery shopped and filled the cupboards with foods I can eat. There's no one sitting on the couch next to me, munching chips and oh so sweetly offering them to me.

I guess the truth is that being on plan is difficult no matter what the situation I'm in. It's all in how you look at it, right? Another truth though is that being focused and taking care of myself physically is rewarding too. I can't tell you how liberating it was this weekend to stick to my food plan.

Friday night was probably my hardest night and I did give into a granola bar that called to me incessantly from the cupboard. After indulging though, I felt even more empty and lonely than I had before I ate. I know it's just a granola bar, but ... the point is that I'd given in. I was disappointed in myself and vowed that for the rest of the weekend, I would stick to plan.

And I did.

I planned a few soul fulfilling activities like horse rides, time with good friends and manicures (ok, that one might not be soul fulfilling but it sure did a gal some good!) so instead of focusing on food, I focused on "me" time. I came away from the weekend truly refreshed and ready to step on the scale tomorrow.

Wow. How often do I get to say that? I'm actually looking forward to weighing in.

I feel more focused than ever and I know that I'm succeeding. The numbers tomorrow will show that too!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you succeed Miss Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie! :) We are all succeeding, right?

    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!