Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Restart. Accept. Charge Ahead.

It's "D-Day".

I actually stepped back on the scale this morning. Apprehension, nervousness, disappointment, and even a bit of excitement (oddly) all tripped through my head as I took a look at my numbers. I'd like to report them here, but frankly, I'm still digesting them myself. I promise to give you all the messy details once I've come to terms with them.

In the meantime, I want to just take a sec to congratulate myself for taking a step back in the right direction. I know, it's odd to congratulate ones self, but as you all know, restarting is hard ... especially when you've restarted, and restarted, and restarted before! Each time gets a little bit harder ... but ... I did it. And I'm going to keep doing it.

I know the next weeks will be hard as I readjust and refocus. Getting back into a routine will be difficult. Not derailing myself will be excruciating. I know that I will fight for each pound (or even half a pound) that comes off.

But, in fighting, I will feel empowered, inspired, and more self-confident. Those are feelings I miss terribly and will be well worth the fight that's about to take place.

It will help that today I'm also attending first of The Healthy Weigh's University courses. Today's topic, Motivation 101. How fitting!

I also found a bit of inspiration online. Being a pseudo-writer, I'm a huge lover of quotes. Having someone else's words floating through my brain throughout a day can very often keep my own negative thoughts at bay. Today the following two quotes are wafting through my brain:

"Attitudes are contagious. Are yours worth catching?"
~ Dennis and Wendy Mannering
(Pssst .... her name is Wendy too so she therefore must be a superstar!)

"It's so hard when I HAVE to, and so easy when I WANT to."
~ Annie Gottlier

Both of these statements are so true. I can't tell you how many times I've brought others down with me when I'm in a bad mood ... or how often when I'm in a good mood that I've let someone in a bad mood bring me down. Today, that changes. My attitude is inspired, motivated, and positive and I'm spreading the love!

As for the second quote, how true is that too? It's so easy for me to say no to bad food when I want to do well and lose the weight. When I don't truly want to do well, and when I'm in process of sabotaging my own efforts, saying no is hard. It's impossible. Today, it will be easy ... or at least easier. I want to lose the weight and I WANT to say no to the bad.

I WANT to be in a great mood, have a good attitude, and say YES! to weight loss.

4 comments:

  1. I am proud of you for facing the music. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie! Facing the music I think is one of the biggest hurdles. Now that it's over, it's time to move on toward the goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said! You definitely can do this! One of my favorite quotes is by a lady named Amanda Gore. Her quote is "Build a bridge and get over it." It's certainly okay to be frustrated with the numbers but I know you are so strong and can take charge of your body and lose those last pesky pounds! You can do it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing..good luck. You're inspiring! I love that quote about attitudes, sooo true!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!