Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Down but not out!

The numbers don't lie and the truth is sweet. I'm down 4.1 since Thursday which puts my weekly weight loss (since Tuesday) at 10.8 pounds.

WOWZA! Sweet! I'll take it!

I'll also take the fact that my clothes are fitting better, it's getting easier to turn down the food temptations, and I'm starting to feel more like "me" again. The new me; the me that liked herself and was excited to take care of herself.

I opened my closet this morning and was actually excited to pick out an outfit. There's still lots in there that doesn't fit me, but it's getting better. I have choices again! I don't just have one pair of jeans that fit me, I've got three. In another 15 pounds, I'll be able to squeeze (ie lay on the bed and pray to get them buttoned) in those cute jeans I was buying for the skinnier me. I'm soooo looking forward to that day. I loved those jeans! Tight or not, the day I can slip them over my hips, I'll be wearing them! That's gonna be a great day.

However, as I'm writing this, my brain is battling me a bit by throwing in "you shouldn't have gained back any weight in the first place" and "if you were truly focused, you'd be at your ultimate goal by now with a whole new set of skinny jeans".

Those self-sabotaging statements absolutely HAVE to stop. So I'm shutting it down immediately.

Regardless of where I SHOULD be, I'm where I NEED to be, and I'm working on getting where I WANT to be. That's what matters. My body is ready for this change as is proven by the drop and I will stay positive, keep from falling into my old self-defeating behaviors, and I will succeed.

I've printed out a few inspirational quotes to help me on the journey, taped them to my monitor and office door. I'm repeating them over and over and over and over to ingrain them in my silly brain. I'm working on my thinking, changing it to be more positive and shutting down the negative self-talk so that I can relish in this last weeks accomplishment and use it to propel me forward to even more weight loss.

"Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will."
~ Zig Ziglar

"Having a positive mental attitude is asking how something can be done rather than saying it can't be done."
~ Bo Bennett

"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination."
~ Ralph Marston

I like that last one the most. Positive, effective, UNSTOPPABLE determination.

YEAH!

10.8 pounds down. That's a huge accomplishment and I can't wait to see what my body does next.

2 comments:

  1. absolutely amaaazing!
    All 3 quotes are fantastic as well!
    good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers! That is great Wendy!

    P.S. Do not look back with regret. It is futile to look back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!