Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Inspiration

Inspiration comes in all shapes and sizes. As mentioned before and as you can see from recent posts, I love quotes. When I'm feeling a bit outta sorts, I punch a word in Google, add the word "quote" to the end, and cross my fingers that some sort of inspiration will hit me.

As of late, I've create digital word pictures that combine my inspirational quotes with pictures and other words that help keep me focused. I'm attaching one such creation.



I printed that out and posted it on my fridge. Each time I see it, I think of what those words mean to me. What am I going for in the fridge? Inspiration? If so, then this picture reminds me to find my inspiration by other means.

I'm also truly inspired by other people. I don't care how you've lost the weight ... if you've lost weight (any amount), you inspire me! We are all on this journey together and seeing others succeed inspires me to succeed. I love blogs for this very reason. When I'm feeling I can't do it, I go read about others that can and suddenly feel as if anything is possible!

TV shows about weight loss, talking with my friends about their struggles, lifting up others, visiting the counselors at THW, and even listening to music help me stay on track.

Speaking of music, have you heard this song by Michael Buble? He does such a great job on this version. I love it! It is a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life! And I'm feeling good! I hear this song and it fills me up a bit.



So, inquiring minds wanna know, where do you find inspiration? What keeps you focused and on track? What things do you do when you're at the bottom of the barrel and want to reach for food?

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I started to post daily quotes on facebook and twitter. They really do help me get through hard times.

    I have also posted on my blog about vision boards. I keep mine in front of my treadmill. If you want to check it out here is the link to the post
    http://picturewhatieat.blogspot.com/2010/08/vision-board.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use quotes too! Also, articles or books on success stories.

    I have been wanting to do a vision board for quite awhile. Now that it is going to get colder and I will have more inside time...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!