Thursday, September 9, 2010

I am a CHAMPION!

Yep, I did it. I stayed true to plan, drank my water, did my exercise, and today when stepping on the scale I knew without a shadow of a doubt I'd put 100% into the last couple days.

The result? Down 6.7 pounds.

I'll take it!

Of course, I can justify a few of those pounds away with clothes, water, and women issues. Not all of it, but some of it.

As you can see, my brain is trying to come up with every reason other than my own hard work as to why I lost the weight. I have a hard time accepting that I did this. Deep down, I think I'm worried that I won't be able to do the same next week and if I can somehow pin today's drop on something else, I can then blame those same things next week when I don't drop.

How many times have I said, well, I'm not down this week because I didn't drink my water or I didn't wear the right clothes or ... whatever. In reality though, if I was 100% on plan, wouldn't I be down? Yep. Yep I would. The weeks I say those things are generally the weeks I've had a few "extras" and don't want to admit to them.

So, you know what, I'm not going to offer up any excuses or reasons this time. I need to accept this as a hard earned victory. Even if some of it was water weight, I still made decisions that helped me take it off.
  • Last night I didn't give into the sunflower seeds that would have had me retain water and extra calories for the day.
  • I made a conscious decision to down huge quantities of water (HUGE!) throughout the day.
  • When my shins were screaming at me to stop, I still powered through a four mile walk.
  • I weighed, measured, and recorded my food.
  • I passed the candy bowl multiple times and did not give in to the peanut butter cups and almond joys.
  • I didn't stop at Starbucks on my way to work.
  • I went back to THW and weighed in this morning.
  • I made a conscious effort to stay positive, focused, and dedicated to this goal.
That, to me, spells victory.

I need to take time to soak that in and believe it. In order to be successful, I need to celebrate the successes instead of focusing on the negative and sabotaging self-talk.

I'm rewarding myself tonight for staying firm and booting off 6.7 pounds. While rewarding myself, I'm going to make sure I'm repeating over and over that I made wise decisions that led to today's drop and I will make wise decisions that will lead to the rest of the weight dropping off too.

On another note, it's going to be an interesting weekend. TS is hunting so I'll have the house to myself. This normally would've sent me into a tailspin of eating so I'm already gearing up and planning other things to keep me busy. Instead of thinking of this as a lonely weekend, I'm thinking of it as a weekend of me time. I'm booking activities that I don't get to do as often when he's around such as horsey riding which will also rejuvenate my soul. For food, I'm gathering a few on-plan recipes I'd like to test out. Armed with these tools and already working on my attitude about this weekend will bring success.

The scale will go down on Tuesday too. I want to feel the wonderful feeling of victory I have right now again next week.

And I will.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I don't give a damn if some of it is water-weight, it's an amazing job regardless!
    Are you weighig yourself only once a week?

    Keep the drive going. You definitely powered through alot of temptation in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    No, I weigh in on Tuesday and Thursday. At home I have a scale and do little "check-ins" but the scale at the clinic is much more accurate and always slightly different than my scale at home. Regardless, it keeps me on track. I try not to weigh in more than that though. I don't want to get too obsessed with it as I know that daily it does flux a bit. It all averages out in the end and that's what I try to stay focused on!

    How often do you weigh?

    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bug congrats on your big loss; very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!