Thursday, June 17, 2010

Numbers Update

Well, all that work this week paid off with only two pounds lost today. Given my pound gain on Tuesday, that means I'm down a pound for the week.

Whaaaaat?

Come on darn body, work this thing out!

I was severely disappointed when I weighed in at THW this morning because my home scale said I was 209 ... but THW scale said 221. Wowza. Bummer. That's what I get for purchasing a dinky "on sale" scale! I think it's time to invest in a nice one, don't you think?

Regardless, I'm hoping that my anxiety over the impending gall bladder surgery (which is tomorrow), is forcing my body to hold the weight. I know stress and anxiety can make people hold weight instead of dropping. So, next week, when the stress is over, I should drop like crazy. I'm hoping ... I need to drop like crazy. I need one big drop to kick this into high gear.

In the meantime, I'm working the program and taking care of myself knowing that my surgery and the recovery is priority right now.

To be honest, I'm not really sure how the whole surgery thing will work with my diet. Although I don't want to use the surgery as an excuse to eat poorly, I also know I'll need a bit more calories in order to help my body heal. I need to remind myself that the extra calories I need in order to heal are going to come from protein and not from starch and sugar.

Luckily, if all goes according to plan, this will be a day surgery so I'll be set at home with all my own healthy foods to consume for the weekend instead of in the hospital downing their idea of healthy food.

As an aside, have any of you seen the unhealthy food they put out at the hospital? Shocking really. Their nutritionists should be ashamed. I swear hospital cafeteria food is as bad as fast food. Amazing. Ok, my rant is over.

Anyway, I'm prepping for my home recovery by scheduling in a little shopping trip to pick up fresh fruits, veggies, and meats. Then, I'll be cooking it up so I can literally grab food out of the fridge, consume, and go back to sleep.

I'm planning to succeed instead of using this as an excuse to fall from my diet plan.

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the surgery. Good job on getting prepared ahead of time. That will really help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time come to Legacy- they have a great salad bar in the cafeteria! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the surgery. You are amazing, planning to stay on track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債.................................................................                           

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!