Friday, April 2, 2010

Becoming a Food Snob

When I visit with Nancy at The Healthy Weigh, the one thing I truly appreciate about her is her love and understanding of food. Not just any food though. She has it out for truly fine food.

She can describe something as simple as cottage cheese in such a way that it makes my mouth water and my brain do back flips as I think about the creamy goodness that is that protein.

One thing she said that resonated strongly with me was that I needed to become a food snob. Basically, instead of just eating to eat, I needed to plan and truly enjoy my food. Take the extra time to try different food combos, play with spices, enjoy the tastes of the food I'm downing instead of just shoveling it in my face. Pick out the ripest apples, the most juicy grapefruit, the best chicken breast and then savor it as I take it in.

I think we all need to be reminded of this now and then. Although we know we need to slow down and enjoy the food, do we really take the time to do it?

This week I'm on a mission to convert myself into a food snob. The shopping trip tonight will kick things off and this coming week I vow to myself that I'll take time to enjoy the food I'm eating. After all, as a reduced calorie dieter, I don't get a lot of food! So I need to make it all count.

Here's to a great Easter weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Totally makes sense! Thanks for posting about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestion! Today is day 1 of the Team Challenge (I'm doing it again!) and I'm excited to double my weight loss from the last challenge. However, one thing I need (that I didn't get last time) is my Nancy fix. Therefore, on Thursdays I will go at 7AM to get it. Tomorrow we'll talk about this "Food Snob" topic. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!