Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The "Tight" Jeans

As I've said before, there's something motivating about too-tight jeans. I've recently found that not only are they good motivation when pulled out and an attempted "stuffing" takes place but they are also highly motivating when - once the stuffing is complete - they are worn through an entire day.

First of all, there's a large amount of exercise that takes place while I jump up and down, stuff, pull, prod, persuade, sweet talk, and finagle the too-tight jeans over my thighs and eventually closed around my belly. Generally at some point in this debacle I break out in a sweat. Sweating is good for weight loss.

Secondly, while wearing the too-tight jeans, I can't eat too much at one time. I take a bite of an apple and that's about all I can fit in me without unbuttoning the pants. So ... I eat my food slowly and spread it out throughout the day. This tidbit is also really good for weight loss.

In addition, while wearing the too-tight jeans, I'm consistently reminded of why I'm dieting in the first place and thus, my cravings decrease. Granted, the reminder comes in the form of a severe pain around my belly as the buttons dig into my gut and cut off my air supply ... but ... hey .... such is the sacrifice of a dieter.

I used to throw clothes that didn't fit into the back of the closet in an attempt to hide them from myself. I didn't want to be reminded of how fat I was. Plus, by not seeing them, I simply had to schedule a shopping trip because I had "nothing to wear"! This was my double-edged dealing technique and one that got me to 300 pounds.

This time around though, that's not going to happen. I want to be reminded of where I was and where I want to go to. I want to my goal to be staring me in the face (or slamming into my gut as the case may be) consistently so that I'm on target to complete this journey.

So this morning while I was doing the jean-dance, I kept thinking of how cool it will be to again be able to slide them on without the sweating, cussing, and arguing. Those days are on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping me a note!