Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's been a week ...

It's been a doozey of a week.

I must admit that I wasn't as great as I'd planned to be over last weekend. I got busy, failed to plan, and thus, planned to fail. I indulged a little more than I needed and that hit me hard in the form of feeling run down and getting a cold for a couple days. Today is the first day that I feel like a humanoid and am thus refocused and back on target.

By my home scale, I'm not up and that's good news. I didn't make it into THW this week because of the cold but plan to be back on Tuesday for another weigh in where I will know for sure what the damage is.

I'm now looking ahead and gearing up for a better weekend. TS and I went grocery shopping and the fridge is now restocked and ready with fresh fruits and veggies, good healthy chicken for the BBQ, etc. I even managed to make some pumpkin custard which is one of my fav on plan foods!

I'm mentally preping too. Here are some things I need to remember this weekend.

1) BRING FOOD WITH ME! No matter what I'm doing, bring an apple or yogurt or something to snack on. When I don't have food with me and I get hungry, I make poor choices. Poor choices lead to more poor choices. I'm going to break that routine this weekend.

2) I DO NOT NEED TO EAT BAD TO "TREAT" MYSELF! I used to do that a lot and it turns out old habits die hard. When I feel icky or get stressed, I wanna eat. But this weekend, when I want to treat myself, I'm going to think of other things to do like brush a horse, take a bath, or call a friend.

3) I CAN DO THIS! I believe that statement wholeheartedly and plan to repeat it to myself over and over and over and over so that I can continue to set myself up for success.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping me a note!