Friday, March 12, 2010

Donuts and Successful Dieting

I will count today as a success when I can make it through the day and not give into my desire for a jelly donut.

Today, that is my battle.

I was 100% on plan yesterday and that felt awesome. Today it's harder. I'm hungry. My stomach is actually growling and, each time I fill up my water bottle in hopes of staving off the hunger pains, I must pass the mound of donuts.

I think my belly is having a conversation with the donuts because the rumblings increase to a deafening crescendo when I get within a certain distance of the table. Yeah. Embarrassing.

So today, if I can escape the discourse of my belly and the donuts and stay on plan, I will count this day as a success. I know that if I resist today, next Friday will be easier. And the Friday after that will be even easier still. Giving in just once a couple weeks ago has made today a battle.

It's one I have every intention of winning though. I've made a commitment to be on this plan and lose this weight. I said no last night to things far more enticing than donuts and I know today I can turn away empty calories.

I just need to do it.

Today will be a successful day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your updates and your honesty. I too am a HW client, just finished my first Team Challenge. Lost 16 in 10 weeks, wanted to do better but I'll take every little bit! Today there are donuts in our lunchroom, I thought of you. I'm not touching those things and am ready to put them in the trash. For heaven's sake this is a Kaiser office and that is not Thriving!

    Keep on keepin' on, you look fabulous!

    Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mollie! Wow, 16 in 10 weeks is GREAT!!!! That's so funny about Kaiser. I guess they think people thrive on donuts??? If only that were true ....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!