Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Planning Ahead

Sunday was a great day. I cooked. I cooked from the time I got up, until the time I went to bed and because I did that, I now have all my meals prepared for the week. Well, most of my meals anyway. I have prepared chicken, hard boiled eggs, meatloaf, pumpkin custard, etc. and with all that sitting in my fridge, it makes me happy.

There's something oddly pleasing about a full fridge. In fact, I don't know why, but when my fridge is empty, I seem to want to eat more. Weird I know but understanding this about myself, I try to keep the fridge well stocked with healthy options. It's been vital to me keeping on track.

This week though, I'm taking it to the next level by preparing most of my meals in advance. It's been great to open the fridge and instead of pondering what I'll bring, to work or have for dinner I just lift out a container, stick it out in the lunchbox and hit the road.

I don't think I'll have the luxury to cook all day every Sunday. I do however plan to add a bit of cooking time into my Sunday routine. Having even just a few staples (grilled chicken for instance) in the fridge and ready to go is a huge time saver ... and belly saver ... in the long run!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya on the full fridge. Seems like that would make you hungrier, but it has the opposite effect on me, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!