Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Picture A Day

My trainer, Madison, has a great idea that I thought would be kinda fun to share here for the rest of my dieting buddies. She suggested that we not only write down our food, but actually take a photo of it as well.

We all (or at least we're supposed to) be writing down our food intake throughout the day to keep ourselves on track. In fact, that's the challenge this week for THW's Team Challenge .... complete our food journals and bring them in for a chance to win something cool.

So I thought Madison's idea of a food photo-log was a neat one. Somehow, it makes it seem so much more real to see a picture of the foods and quantities I eat. My camera phone would certainly do the trick. I could snap a quick picture and catalog my intake as well as write it all down.

Hmmm.... would taking a picture of the meal make me prepare it differently? I know I'd be a lot more concerned about preparation and serving. I'd use my nice dishes, put out a placement, and maybe even break out a REAL cloth napkin because ... well ... someone at some point in the distant future might actually see those pictures and I certainly wouldn't want them to think I was sloppy in my food displaymanship!

The reality is that I should be making mealtime about more than just the food and doing all those things anyway. There's something special about eating on nice dishes and using a frilly napkin. Silly, but come on, it's true. Eating should be about the prep, the process, and the enjoyment of a healthy tidbit. Using nice dishes and napkins should be the norm and not just the exception 'cause "someone might be watching".

Hmmm... the thought of a food photo journal is inspiring and gets me motivated to step it up a notch.

Perhaps you will all now be seeing pictures of my food intake ... hmmm.... that would definitely mean I'd been stepping it up a notch!

In the meantime, I encourage you to do the same. Snap a couple shots and email them to me so that I can post here for our readers. We're dieting but we're still eating good too, right? Let's show it off!

3 comments:

  1. I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss and success - you look amazing! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been quiet lately - how's it going?

    While in theory I do love the idea of photographing my meals, I never actually get around to doing it. If I see them on blogs, my keyboard gets all droolly, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!