Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Workouts and Food

I'm sorry I've been a bad blogger the last couple days. Life happened and my blogging took a backseat for a few days.

As mentioned, I've started a new workout schedule and this week marks the first installment of my workout plan. Last week I worked out at the gym twice and wogged every day. That just about killed me. My legs were so sore that I was walking crooked and hunched over all week.

I've found that I'm not a very good gauge of my limits. My trainer asks if I have enough weight on the bar, I say I think so, she says no, adds more, then I end up dying by the time I've done 20 squats with 60 pound weights.

This week will push me further. I'm working out at the gym 3 days this week plus still doing my wogs. I'm going to temper my workouts with a bit of moderation though. As much as I want to gain muscle and fight the flab, I also want to be able to walk ... minor detail I know!

The other danger I'm facing this week is my food intake. I have a tendency to eat more because I'm working out more. I "justify" it in my head. Not good. That's the whole point of working out is to burn more calories! Not to justify adding in more calories!

So this week, along with preparing my body to kick some butt in the gym, I'm also preparing my brain to stay on the right food track. The only way I'll kick off the rest of the weight is to stay focused 100% of the time. I'm finding that as I get closer to my goal, the more each bite counts.

My two goals this week:
  • Back to basics - Weighing, measuring, and consuming only on plan foods.
  • Kick it up a notch - Workout three times at the gym and wog every day
Let's get it started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping me a note!