Monday, September 14, 2009

Returning to the Gym

Ok, my first workout after a month hiatus is now tucked under my belt and officially in the books. I've really missed it. Isn't that crazy? I have though. There's something about that "oh boy I can't even move without aching" thing that really gets me. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess but I can't help but think that each time I feel that pain, I'm doing good things for my body in the long run.

I was happy to find that I hadn't slid as far backwards as I thought I might have although there was a change in my ability to do the weights. They were suddenly a lot harder! Had we been doing squats, I probably would have been fine! But weights were hard work. The pull-ups just about killed me, the rowing thingys were painful, and the overhead weight things about turned me inside out.

It was awesome.

My new workout schedule is wogging 4 miles Monday - Friday. I'll hit the crossfit workout on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.

I'm looking forward to some solid results soon!

In the meantime, I'm also recommitted to my diet this week. I've had a hard time keeping my focus on the weight loss and that's changing this week. Some awesome groceries are inspiring me to cook and be better prepared for the week.

And with that, I see a good drop in my future!

2 comments:

  1. Working out is addicting. I just don't feel like my day is right unless I've sweated all over something. It's a good feeling, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you get back "on the wagon" so fast. I tend to have a bad food weekend, then let it extend until Wednesday. Thanks for the post- I am going to be much more faithful to my weight loss goal today than I would have been!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!