Friday, September 4, 2009

Labor Day Pains

Oh another long weekend with lots of food opportunities and disasters waiting to happen.

Why is that holidays seem to taunt the dieter in us? Why is that on holidays we all obsess about food and eating and "treating" ourselves? Why is that treating ourselves means eating whatever we want whenever we want without thinking about how we'll all feel on Tuesday?

I'm promising myself that this weekend won't be that for me. In fact, I'm promising my friend Carrie that too. We're promising each other that we're going to be on target and on task the entire weekend.

I'm hoping for at least a pound drop by Tuesday and that's totally doable if I stay focused and 100% on plan. I've said that I would call Carrie if at anytime this weekend I feel the urge to splurge and vice versa. Hopefully, by calling each other, we'll help keep ourselves on track.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend! I'll be back blogging again on Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna use the extra time to jack up my workout routine. Take that, holiday goodies!

    Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great one! You can drop that pound for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!