Thursday, September 3, 2009

Gearing up for the 8's

I'm in a size 10 and I never thought I'd be this small. I am so it's cool. 10's are comfortable and some are still kinda tight. It's what's in my closet now and I'll never go back to the 12's.

Today though, I'm focused souly on getting out of the double digits. My friend Holly said that to me one time (I think I was a 12 or something) and it's stuck with me. There is something final about going from a 10 to an 8.

Size 8 seems small. It's a medium top. I don't mind telling people I'm a medium. Coming from a size 3xl and size 26/28, medium is equal to teeny-tiny-itty-bitty-itsy-bitsy. I will be shouting out from the rooftops when I hit a size 8 and wear a medium.

Seriously. I know you all doubt this statement, but it's the truth. It's going to happen.

For awhile now, when I've found something cute in my current size, I've ended up buying the next size down just so that I have something to look forward to wearing. The unfortunate thing about that is that I don't always have clothes in my size that match the season I'm in and I end up not wearing a lot of my inspiration clothes when I can finally get into them because well ... it's gotten too hot or too cold!

The other night at a class at THW, Letha suggested we think ahead and buy clothes for the next season. Visualize what we'll be wearing and buy accordingly. Hmmm... novel concept. Perhaps my thinking is too nearsighted.

Which means, of course, that I need to be buying size 8 winter clothes right now.

Oh bummer.

I see an inspiration clothes shopping trip in my future.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you are about ready for 8's! I loved buying new clothes as I was losing weight.

    Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting! I'm just looking forward to getting to size 10. :) Only a couple more sizes to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!