Monday, September 28, 2009

Bring on the Challenge!

After much pondering, I've decided to join the challenge after all. I'm coming into it a week late so I'm not sure how that will bode for me over time however I've been waffling for the last couple weeks and now it's time to just do it!

The challenge will hold me accountable to my weight loss goals. There's nothing more motivating than weighing in front of a room full of people and them learning that you're up or down accordingly. For me, it's painful to have others know that I didn't do my best for the week. That's pretty intense motivation to stick to plan and get these last pounds gone. As Letha says, we do things out of our desire to avoid pain and seek pleasure. Since it's painful for me to be "up just a little" in front of others, I know that I'll be seeking pleasure by doing all I can to be down each week.

In addition, TS is very interested in doing the challenge too. It surprised me that he's wanting to do it but even more so it surprised me that I was willing to do it with him! 10 weeks of a weight loss challenge is going to be intense ... but fun too. I think it will bring us closer together and really, what better way to introduce someone to my new life than by fully immersing them in it, right? We're fairly new daters but I see good things coming from this challenge and for that I'm thankful and excited. We are so going to rock it!

Today we meet with Letha to review the program and get TS started on the plan. Tomorrow is our first weigh-in and then we're hitting the ground running.

I'm ready. I'm geared up. I'm motivated. I'm excited. And I'm gonna kick some weight loss challenge butt!

2 comments:

  1. Lynne Walters (EPD sisters)September 28, 2009 at 1:54 PM

    Glad to hear you're joinin' up! I so look forward to reading about your successes (and, of course, commiserating when things don't go quite so well). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray - you can do it, I know you can!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!