Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Biggest Loser 8

Is everyone watching this season of The Biggest Loser? I find that show so incredibly inspiring. I see those people struggling with the things I struggle with, pull through it, and be successful and that encourages me to do the same.

Granted, they're living on an isolated ranch with access to personal trainers and nutritionists 24/7 ... that's not my life. But, does it matter? The fact that they're losing and changing their lives so drastically is incredible.

Yesterday, when they were showing the gym workouts, I could so relate to Shay. She was struggling. She wanted to quit. She did quit. She walked out of the gym and almost didn't go back in to finish the workout. But she did.

I loved what Jillian had to say to her about not being a victim any more. Isn't that the truth? We use our weight as an excuse not to be successful. That's a victim mentality and one that I so do not want to have any longer.

I struggled in my gym workout yesterday too so perhaps that's why Shay's struggle hit home with me last night. I fought for every knee/elbow, thruster, and step of my run. The good news is that I fought.

As Jillian said to Shay, if we want to be successful, we need to push the negative thoughts out of our heads and start pushing harder to accomplish our goals. If we start thinking that "we can't" then we won't.

But if we start thinking "we can" then we will.

2 comments:

  1. I don't follow Biggest Loser but I agree with you that the struggle is largely in our heads. It's all about attitude and feeling that we deserve to be healthy ... not that we deserve the food. Your progress pictures are amazing. I'm inspired and a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had tears in my eyes as the stories unfolded with the new contestants! I can so relate to how hard it is to push beyond where I thought I'd never reach in strength both mind and body. CHANGE IS HARD!! Letha's voice jumps into my head....hard to make room with all the other. : - } I watched the Whitney Houston interview last evening and it was incredible. When she closed with a song from her new album "I never knew my own strength" I was crying like a baby! She was offered that song to do 10 - 20 years ago and never did it. The time was right now in God's timeline. If you get a chance to listen to it I highly recommend it.
    God will provide every ounce of strenth we require. It's my job to grab on and run with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!