Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Who Loses Weight at the Fair?

I do!!!!!

Yep, that's right. I rocked the Clark County Fair for 10 days straight like it wasn't even there and that hard work was reflected in my awesome weigh-in yesterday at THW.

I'm down 6.3 pounds for the week. That's 117.3 pounds of total weight loss. Even better, I'm in new numbers and now weigh 189.7.

Hell yeah!

Truth be told, I was beyond nervous to step on the scale. A week off from weighing in and my brain was like "ohhhhh, don't do it! It's not going to be good news!" It would have been so easy to avoid the clinic and potentially all future visits. Have you ever been on the edge like that? Just knowing that this could be the start of you going off plan? Off diet? Off focus? And never going back? That's a scary place to be.

Anyway, being an adult (doesn't that suck sometimes) and knowing that I couldn't run from reality, I stepped on the scale to face whatever tune was thrown back at me.

And the music that played was the sweet sound of victory!

There is amazing power in this weight loss victory. Each time I face something that I know could potentially derail me and yet I come out successful on the other side, I feel stronger, more secure, and confident.

For 10 days I was accosted with smells and sights of elephant ears, hot dogs, burgers, onion rings, deep fried ice cream, deep fried Twinkies, deep fried Coke (seriously ... it's a real thing), french fries, slushies, milkshakes, and kettle corn. These temptations called to me every time I opened my ears, eyes, and nose to them. Yet I closed myself off from their charms and ultimately made wise decisions to succeed and come out ahead.

I can't even begin to tell you how amazing that feels. There is true power in knowing that I can put myself in the face of temptation for such an extended period of time and yet still stay focused and true to my goals.

32.9 pounds left. I'm whittling it down slowly but surely!

8 comments:

  1. AMAZING!! You lost 6.3 pounds this week with all that temptation around you! You are a winner! Congrats! Congrats on being in the 180's too. I'm so excited for you, and you look fantastic!!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I avoided the fair on Sunday so I could get back on track after a week of indulging. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fan-bloomin-tastic! Well done you and with all that temptation, too - amazing!

    Your new pic is just gorgeous! Sorry about all the exclamation marks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Lord, woman, you are a dynamo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for being living proof that temptations are not all powerful!! Reading your success helps me reembrace HOPE! Congrats on your well earned success!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!