Tuesday, August 11, 2009

TaDa! Comparison Pics.


I am soooo excited to write today's post.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I'm very reflective right now because last year at this very time I was sitting on the back of my poor horse sweating miserably in the heat while patrolling the parking lots at the local fair. That's when my before pic was taken. Man, that pic made me physically ill when I first saw it for the first time last year. I had no idea I was that heavy. I mean, I lived with myself, but didn't really look at what I'd become.

My good friend Jody is actually beside me on her horse in the original pic. She's the one that introduced me to The Healthy Weigh and ultimately had a guiding hand in helping me find the new me. Who would have guessed that a year later she'd be taking a follow-up pic with me 115 pounds lighter!

The me in the before pic was a miserable mess of a person. Not just because of my weight issues but also because I was generally unhappy, depressed, sad, and hating life.

Amazing what has happened in my life in the last year. A month and a half after my before pic was taken, I started at THW and have since become a much different person outwardly and inwardly.

But just looking at the outward appearance, it's cool to see that my rolls are disappearing (thank goodness!), I do have a neck (tada!), and I can wear a belt without my belly protruding over the top! PROGRESS!!!!

I'm so excited to share this before and during comparison because it's speaks volumes about my weight loss journey far better than any words I could write here could.

I do have 35 more pounds to go and have been wavering a bit ... but seeing these two "me's" reflected so clearly as two totally different people are inspiring me to forge onward and finish out my journey.

I can only imagine how cool it will be next year to have another new pic with me at goal weight. That's inspiring.

20 comments:

  1. Uh - wow. Wow, wow, wow! What a terrific comparison picture, and amazing difference!!!!
    WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! Just like someone who has worked very hard to get what she wanted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH WOW!! I am just blown away!!! I am so inspired by you. You have come a very looong way. Congrats to the new you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look wonderful!

    Huge congrats on your accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A.Ma.Zing. If it weren't the same horse, I would be wondering if it was a totally different person.

    Brought tears to my eyes to read how it has made life so much better for you - you have done so well and I am glad you are enjoying the rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Wow! Wow!

    You look absolutely FANTASTIC!!! What a difference a year and 115 pounds makes!

    You should be SO proud of yourself! And I am SO happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trying to look at the picture through tears is a little difficult! Wendy...I'm so happy for you and so happy that we found each other.
    Much love,
    letha
    Here's to Jody! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing transformation - great inspiration for both yourself and others! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so great! Way to go! I love to see those pics side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are awesome and look awesome! you are such an inspiration! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wendy! WOW!
    Congratulations on ALL of it, soak it in, enjoy the feelings, the praise AND the accomplishment.
    You Rook Mahvelous!
    (and taken a "load off" of your horse.) Sorry, had to say it, I bet the pony's happier too.
    Keep going girl, you got me back on the wagon and for that, I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am SO proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look marvelous. I can see that even through my tears. Thank you so much for letting me walk with you thru this transformation.
    It just occurred to me that Buttons has been 'frisky' because she is lighter on her feet also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing and so inspiring. I'm trying to lose half of myself as well...you are getting so close. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing and so inspiring. I'm trying to lose half of myself as well...you are getting so close. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hurray! That seriously took my breath away! What an accomplishment, girl. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, everyone. Thank you so much for your kind words. I truly appreciate all of your support and caring! It helps keep me accountable to know that others are inspired by my success. Your encouragement is inspiring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought I was crazy for being teary eyed...but then I read everyone elses comments! LOL

    You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!