Friday, August 28, 2009

Revisting the "Couldn't Wouldn't" List

It's been awhile since I've added to my "Couldn't Wouldn't" list so I thought I'd do a quick little update.


As a quick reminder, I've been compiling this list since I started the weight loss journey. These are things that, at 300 pounds, I wouldn't or couldn't do. Some of these things I consciously knew I wouldn't or couldn't do but some were subconscious and just part of my reality. Each time I find a new "thing", it gets posted to this list. It's a consistent reminder of the ways in which my life has been transformed.

Good stuff.

At 300 pounds, I couldn't or wouldn't ....

  • get on my horse bareback.
  • walk into a room full of strangers and feel confident.
  • date. I could list a million things that go along with this one ... but ... well, that's a whole different blog. So, for now, let's just end it there. :)
  • bring my own food to a dinner party or baby shower and then not worry about eating it in front of everyone.
  • think I deserved to be happy.
  • run on a treadmill.
  • workout at a gym in front of people.
  • go hiking on a first date ... yeah, probably wouldn't have gone hiking at any point in my dating life let alone on the first date!

Change is good. Life is good. And it's only getting better!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's time to turn this list around and focus on the things you CAN and WILL do now...

    That stuff you couldn't or wouldn't do was a whole different person. Definitely not YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jack. I often think about where I was at 305, and what I couldn't do. Now 150 pounds less, I so enjoy what I can do.

    By the way - you look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!