Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Death of the Sour Gummy Worms

As you all should be aware by now, I've been having a "thing" lately with sour gummy worms.

So, I've found the best way to conquer temptation is sometimes to avoid it at all costs. In this case, I've actually moved my office.

Ok, to be truthful, I didn't exactly move my office so as to avoid the sour gummy worms that live in the vending machine. I had to move in order to be closer to the rest of my team. It does help though that in the new building, the vending machines are stocked with chips and not sour gummy candies which as of late I've been oddly attracted to. Chips aren't as appealing to me so I'm a happy camper. In addition, the vending machines aren't in the break room and thus I'll not need to be tempted each time I go fill up my water bottle. Phew. I'm thrilled.

I was learning to control my craving for those little sour monsters, but some days were sure harder than others. It's nice that now on my "weaker" days, I can fill up my water bottle without being accosted by the sour gummy worm voices calling me over for a lookie lou. Of course one little peak would then occasionally turn into a mouth watering craving and a running of feet back to the office for my $$$. After all, if I ran back to the office for the money I was burning calories, right?

Ok, yeah, see, sometimes it's best to avoid such temptations.

I actually think the sour gummy worms were more of a temptation for me than anything at the fair. Wow. Amazing and somewhat sad.

Anyway, I'm happy that I'm in a new office and won't be faced with those little buggers every other hour. It's much easier to say no when I'm not staring them in the face multiple times a day.

And with that ... another crisis is averted.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like divine intervention, lol! I find it so funny how some things just grab my attention. For me, it was a can of almonds in my cupboard - they would call to me all the time! Now they are gone - I just can't have them in the house right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the way you wormed out of that one, heh-heh-heh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn: Oh almonds are pretty tastey too! I do love them although they don't seem to speak to me like those darn sour gummy worms seemed to.

    Fat[free]me: Love the play on words! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a cutie! Love the new pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new pic! Glad you got away from your worms!

    I left an award for you on my blog

    www.momincali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!