Thursday, July 30, 2009

Heatwaves and the Fat Girl

Boy, I soooo do not do good in the heat. That's why I live in the NW where heat is something we rarely see. However, the last couple days have been hot hot hot! We're breaking records right and left with temps well over 100 degrees. For a fat girl, this can be brutal.

I'm happy to say though, that I'm handling it all pretty well. I guess since I'm not as well insulated these days, the heat doesn't impact me quite as much.

Back in the day when we had 100 degree days, I was a lump on the couch. I couldn't even think about going outside or being active because the thought in and of itself would instantly make me sweat. I hated to sweat. I mean seriously, I avoided it like the plague so hot days (hot being anything over 80ish) was an excuse to be a couch vegetable.

This week I'm continuing my normal routine and trying to deal as usual. I'm walking, jogging (wuhoo!) and trying to stick with my plan. The only difference ... major, major, major amounts of water. I'm drinking every single chance I get! I'm sure I'll be up a pound or two because of all my water intake but I know I'll be back down next week so I'm sticking with it.

I'm looking forward to losing the additional 35 pounds so that I can be even better suited for the heat.

Although, truthfully, by the time I lose that it will be winter and I'll be wishing for the additional padding to keep me warm!

All well. I guess we can't have it all, right?

6 comments:

  1. I was worried about our company moving downtown, making the drive for me 30+ minutes rather than the easy 3 minute drive I was used to. The main reason for such worry is that my Jeep does not have air conditioning. It's paid off so I didn't want to sell it, but I so seriously thought about it. Because of losing 100 pounds I have not had a worry in the world about not having air conditioning on the drive. In fact, I have used the heat a few times this unusually cool summer!

    In other words, I can relate!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can always dress warmer in the winter, but no much we can do wearing an extra 100 lb. of flab in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we don't quite get the heat in Scotland that you do in your part of the world, but as soon as the temps crept up, I would be the same, a sweaty blob, cooling down with copious amounts of ice cream. This summer has been a lot easier and, heck, winter will be cold, but we can wrap up warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will have less insulation but maybe a super cute new coat to show off your new figure!! Great job on working out in the heat! Its tough....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got back from a cruise and Seattle and thought it was wonderful but can totally understand how much of a shocker it must be to the NWers. Glad you are hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was heavier heat was horrible. But now I'm a lot more tolerant of heat, and I'm a lot colder a lot of the time! It's a good problem to have, though.
    Don't forget the pool as a cool place for a workout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!