Monday, July 6, 2009

Falling Onto the Food Wagon

So, I wasn't particularly on plan over the weekend. Turns out that I checked out, unplugged, and then promptly stuffed my face.

I didn't fall off the wagon (as Oprah says), no ... I fell onto the food wagon.

Pizza. Tortilla chips. Guacamole. Cupcakes.

Yes, the food wagon made a stop in my back yard (literally as the BBQ was in my back yard) and I stumbled over myself to get at it.

This was probably the most off plan I've been since starting my new healthy lifestyle. Sure, I've had little slips here and there but this was a consistent slip all weekend long.

I'm somewhat dreading the weigh-in tomorrow but we're adults and must deal with such consequences, right? No more turning my back on the scale as I've realized that doesn't make it go away.

The only thing left to do today is get my mind in the right place (which it is ... I CAN DO THIS!) and focus on taking care of myself.

The truth is, we all stumble. But truly successful people (like us!) pick, ourselves back up, learn from the mistake, and keep charging ahead.

And that is what is on my agenda for the day.

As an aside, Oprah has a rerun today of her weight loss show where she talks about gaining some of her weight back. If you haven't seen it, be sure to Tivo it. It's very interesting and I sure could relate to a lot of what she was saying.

7 comments:

  1. Holiday celebrations are always gonna be tough, I think. Changing that mindset that food is part of the fun instead of being the fun is something that may never change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wave the food wagon goodbye! Don't let it become the food train!Whatever you gained will go away fast once you are back on the track! You are very brave to tell all. I am sure there will be a lot us who are "up just a little" this week.
    Have heart this will be a better week!
    Marni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it's only a short ride on the food wagon for you.
    That Oprah episode is great - it really hit home for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we do need some time off - as you say, the success comes when you can put it behind you and get back into eating properly again.

    I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes we do need some time off - as you say, the success comes when you can put it behind you and get back into eating properly again.

    I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are so supportive! Thank you. I weigh in today and am just hoping I'm not into the 200's again. And if I am, such is life. It will come back off. :) Today I'm much more positive.

    Hope you are all doing well!

    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya on all that. I hopped on the food wagon on Saturday but quickly got off on Sunday. Hope your weigh in was okay. No matter what it is, though, you know it can be reversed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!