Friday, July 17, 2009

Awesome Quote

"It doesn't make any difference whether what you face is something that affects your work, your personal relationships, your sense of security, your appraisal of self-worth, or your appearance--the way you think about your situation largely determines whether you will do anything about it and what you will do."

~ Source: The 10 Dumbest Mistakes Smart People Make and How to Avoid Them: Simple and Sure Techniques for Gaining Greater Control of Your Life by Arthur Freeman


I love that last part because it's so absolutely true.

How we think about every situation will ultimately dictate how we react. That's something that's been so ingrained in me during this weight loss process and I've found it to be the wholehearted truth.

I'm still having a hard time making the right choices but I'm doing it and I'm changing how I'm thinking in the process. Instead of focusing on the fact that I HAVE to be on plan, I'm instead thinking about how much easier it is to stay on plan than to be upset with myself for being off plan.

If I can focus on turning my negative thoughts into positive thoughts, I will continue to be successful.

This is something The Healthy Weigh teaches and something I've tried to absorb as much as possible. I still find myself reverting back to the old me that's filled with negative thoughts, but I'm more conscious of those times and am working to push past them and back into a more positive place.

The fact that I am identifying when I'm in a funk and then making choices to bring myself out of it, represents a huge change in my thinking in and of itself.

I'm so thankful for my new life. I'm thankful for the tidbits that I'm gleaming that help me stay on the right path. And I'm so thankful that today I'm not struggling quite as hard because my positive thinking is finally calling my brain back home and putting me in a more healthy emotional state.

2 comments:

  1. Right on- Attitude is everything sometimes! I started these Zumba classes, and I can tell that when I work out there- it's cake because it's fun...totally different story when I have to haul my big butt around the track for a 45 minute run- and it's all because of my attitude.:) Thanks for the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear the biggest change in this journey, for me, has been the change that has gone on in my head.

    I love what you say about the fact that it really is easier to make the right decision than it is to bear the consequences of a bad decision. Learning that is a biggie!

    Hope you had a great weekend (sorry I missed this post until just now - blinking blogger feed!)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!