Thursday, June 11, 2009

Seeing Stars

My friend Holly had a great idea. She's putting a big gold star on her calendar for each day that she stays "on plan" and focused on her goal.

Ooooo..... shiney! Neato.

I don't know what it is about little gold stars that's so inspiring but somehow, thinking of a month filled with cool, super-shiney, sparkly gold stars does make me feel all giddy and happy.

If you're on a roll, and there is a good solid week or so of gold stars, wouldn't it be inspiring to stay on plan to continue the streak? Personally, I like uniformity so I wouldn't want to have any missing days on my calendar. That visual representation of my inability to stay on plan would, in and of itself, drive me to be focused and on plan regardless of the temptation.

So, I'm taking Holly's idea and putting it into motion for me too.

Perhaps instead of gold stars I'll splurge and get some horsey stickers or flowers or something else that makes my heart skip a beat when I see it. When I was a kid I used to love the fuzzy stickers and begged for them far too often. Hmmm... those would be fun to have around again.

Oh! I see endless sticker possibilities in my future!

Anyway, thanks for the idea, Holly!

I'm inspired today.

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea!!! I am so going to sticker up my boring old calendar now. I am so with you on wanting to keep a good thing going. It's why I have a hard time taking that "day of rest". I did do it though, and I have exercised both days after. Yay! Gold stars for me! :) Can't wait to hear how many fuzzy horse stickers you can accumulate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, TC! So far, two ... but it's a start, right? :) Holly is at seven ... I'm trying to keep up with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It seems I do really well all day, but by the time I get home from work, get chores done, and settle down for bed- I want to snack. I like going to bed with a something in my tummy, and I know that is horrible. Maybe if I "sticker" my calendar BEFORE I get ready for bed, it will remind me not to munch...because how will I take the "shiny things" off? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!