Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's a ONEderful ONEderful Life!

It's time for another celebration!

I'm down below 200 pounds for the first time in over 12 years. Truthfully, since I never weighed myself, I'm not sure how long it's been since I've been below 200 but it has to at least be 12 years.

Get this though. I didn't just open the door and politely ask the 200's to leave.

No, I picked them up by the scruff of the neck, gave them a good shake, and told them they were no longer EVER welcome around here again. I then tossed them into the air and kicked them to the curb with all my might.

In other words, I dropped 4.8 pounds this week and blew past that 200 mark landing at 195.3.

Yeah, baby!

I feel like I'm getting my dieting mojo back after the stress of my grandpa's passing. My body was holding onto the weight ~ not going up but not going down too much either. Now that the stress is leaving, so is the weight. And it's awesome!

I had a funny thought as I was driving back to work from the weigh in. I was trying to equate and personalize how much I've lost (111 pounds) and realized, hey, I've now lost an entire anorexic woman! I was laughing out loud at my own joke. I'm sure the guy in the truck next to me thought I was a goofball but hey ... who cares! That's pretty darn funny!

It truly is a ONEderful, ONEderful life!

11 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled for you, Wendy. You have been and are such an inspiration to so many people and it is such a blessing to watch your journey. Have a ONEderful day and rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Yeah, you don't believe in just poking a toe in the Onederland pool, do you. Hell no... you did a cannonball. KER-SPLASH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is frickin' awesome!!! Pretty dress -->

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!! That is so onederful!!! And you look darned cute in your 195 photo. I'm sorry to hear that you went through your grandpa's passing recently. I miss my grandparents like crazy (the ones that died when I was old enough to know them), I always will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! That is so awesome! I'm 3 pounds away from Onederland and you just gave me the push I need to get there!! That is so awesome, girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ONEDERDOODLE! Yay for you!!!!!! I am so happy for you and that is a great dress by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's perspective: With my 103lb loss, I've lost a Paris Hilton and you lost Nicole Richie. But seriously, whose keeping track anyway?
    We are living the abundance of being Rockstars!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for the support! It is pretty cool to be this low ... in a good way! :)

    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAAAAAAY! That is so great!! LOVE the new picture, too - you look HAWT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. By the way, Heather, your comment had me in stitches. That's hilarious! Frankly, I'm glad to say goodbye to Paris and Nicole. I always knew those two girls weren't any good! :)

    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...you are such an inspiration!! Congrats on kicking the 200's to the curb!! You ROCK! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!