Sunday, June 14, 2009

Foods I Can't Live Without

Boy has this list changed since I started losing weight! This list used to be filled with cheese, pasta, breads, cakes, ice creams, etc. Now it's mostly healthy stuff ... ok ... with the exception of the cool whip it's all healthy stuff!
  • Fat-Free Cool Whip (2 tablespoons only!)
  • Frozen blueberries
  • Nonfat yogurt ~ The fruitier the better ~ Dannon light and fit is a great option
  • Frozen grilled chicken
  • Fresh organic spinach
  • Cherry tomatos
  • Melba roasted garlic snack toast
  • Ketchup
  • Good salad dressing ~ Right now it's the Sesame Ginger stuff. Yummy!
  • 2% cottage cheese. After all that nonfat stuff, 2% feels almost sinful!
  • Fiber One cereal
  • Fuji Apples ~ Crisp, refreshing
  • Fresh Green Onions ~ They spice up salads, stirfry, homemade chili and just about anything else!

I generally try to have these things on hand for the week because I know they can curb most cravings that hit me.

What are some of your "can't live without" foods?

5 comments:

  1. I'm trying to quit think of specific foods as things I can't do without. Two months ago, I chased diet sodas out of my daily routine and last month it was coffee. I'd like to be able to make good, smart choices from whatever's available to me.

    That said, that's a pretty good list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuji's are my favorite apples as well! I just discovered grape tomatoes - I was never really a tomato fan (my Italian heritage shudders), but I really like those little grape tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JS: Although I agree that we need to change our thinking about food, I still realize that I'm a food addict ... and therefore need good things around that I enjoy and satisfy. If I have a well stocked fridge, I'm so much less likely to be tempted by other tastey things! And giving up coffee!?!?!?! Is that even possible? :) You're a brave brave soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely agree with the cottage cheese!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather (Smallest Winners)June 16, 2009 at 8:57 AM

    Darigold Cottage Cheese by the truckload from Costco

    Frozen Tilapia loins (Costco)
    Frozen Blueberries (Costco)
    Large bag of Broccoli Slaw (Winco)
    Eggs
    Weight Watcher's Lemon pie yogurt (Safeway)
    FF Coolwhip
    Fuji Apples (have you tried slightly sauteeing them for only a minute then tossing with cinnamon & splenda - topped with Fat free coolwhip? NO?...oh YOU MUST)
    Paul Newman's Lowfast Sesame ginger dressing
    Assorted bell peppers and sweet onions (costco) for salads and morning vegetable fritata

    ....I'm hungry now. Gotta go cook up some breakfast!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!