Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Fat Girls Club

There is a little known secret club called the Fat Girls Club.

I was once a part of it and I think it's time to blow this secrect club out of the water.

Being stuck in that club sucks. It's an endless cycle of unhappiness.

The thing is though, it's pretty darn hard to escape its clutches. Not only do I have to battle my own mental demons, but I'm also battling my former clubmates. And you know which clubmates I'm taking about because, most likley, you're a part of the Fat Girls Club and don't even know it.

See, that's how secrect it is!

The clubmates that make it hard to leave the club are the ones that want to soothe my bad day by treating me to a special dinner ... at Olive Garden. They are the ones that used to giggle with (or at) me as I struggled to get onto my horses even with a mounting block. They are the ones that bring cookies, cakes, and donuts to the office and then get offended when I don't indulge. They consistently talk about food, their failed diets, and their lack of motivation and then wonder why I'm not joining in on the conversation.

They are also the ones that get jealous when they see my weight loss progress.

Believe me, the club is not a good place to be. It's spiteful, hurtful, and can easily drag me back into the abiss that is being a fat chic.

So, I'm working to surround myself with people that share my vision of a healthy new world. Healthy food, eating to live, exercise, passion for life, etc. Those are the kinds of people that can help me along my path instead of harming my progress.

In the meantime, let's band together and break up this horrific club, gals! Let's take the time to celebrate each other success, cheer on those still on the journey, and pick up the ones that fall along the way.

Ready?!?! Ok!

If I had pom poms I'd soooo be waving them in the air right now!

5 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work- I hope you continue to find new friends to encourage and walk along side you. Your journey is so inspiring, it just draws people in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, yes, the FGC seem to resent my improved health somewhat too. But as Groucho Marx said: "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member", lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need a new club. Maybe we are already in it and just haven't heard the official name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather (Smallest Winners)June 13, 2009 at 3:37 PM

    you with pom poms.......and Glenda would be there with a football uniform and energetic personality to match! We don't need the fat girls club, NO SIR!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather: OMG, that's so true! Glenda in her football uniform! That would be quite the site.

    So we should all just band together and name our new cool pretty girls club. We need something jazzy and fun. Any ideas? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!