Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Big Foot

Does anyone else notice that their feet look bigger as they're losing weight?

In reality, my feet have gone down a 1/2 size but for some reason, when I look down at the floor, my feet look huge!

And, they are large. I'm 5'4 and wear a size 10 shoe. When I was a kid and they did that whole measuring thing to estimate your height (which I guess was somehow based on foot size), the Dr.'s thought I would be 5'10ish. Nope. Not even close. My body shut down at 5'4 and yet my feet kept growing.

I hadn't really noticed all of this until the other day I looked down and was shocked to see my big clodhoppers sticking out so far in front of me. I mean, I can look down at the floor and see the full length of my foot now. I didn't used to be able to do that ... there were "things" in the way.

Oh, isn't it interesting the things you find out about yourself as you lose weight?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I just got the best chuckle out of this! I totally understand and have had the same thoughts....just never shared them out loud!

    Another body part that underwent drastic change for me (but wasn't focused on) was my hands and fingers. They are smaller.... significantly so. Enough so that all of my co-workers noticed and voiced the observation aloud recently. You might think that funny, but if you think about my occupation long and hard enough, you will come to the conclusion that my patients appreciate greatly that I don't have as wide a circumference in my fingers as their Labor & Delivery nurse (at least the one's without epidurals)
    Since I'm not married and don't have a wedding band that "all of a sudden" loosened up and was falling off my hand....I hadn't noticed until someone pointed it out. It was one of those weird, but highly appreciated compliments recently when a patient said " I love your dainty hands!" Too cute! Who woulda thunk it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me snort with this post! "Things in the way", lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!