Saturday, June 27, 2009

127 Miles. 12 Team Walkers. And Me!

The other day, I signed up for the Portland to Coast walk that's happening at the end of August.

I can't believe that I paid money to walk such a long distance but I did and I'm so excited about it! I've heard great things about the event overall and I'm really looking forward to kicking some major walking butt on this challenge.

I did sign up with a bit of apprehension though. I've been walking approximately 4 miles per day for the last couple months as well as training in the gym a couple times a week. I knew I was getting more fit, but I still think sometimes that I'm the fat girl others look at and think, why is she here? Yes, that stinkin' thinkin' comes back every once in awhile! I didn't want to feel like the outsider on the relay team because I couldn't or wouldn't be able to complete the course.

After our team meeting though, I have no more apprehension. The other teammates are all super nice and my fitness level fit right in with what the others were already doing. I was, in fact, working out more than some of them. That has never happened to me before!

I know right now I can go out and walk 10 miles without dying and the legs of the relay are 7 - 8 miles so I should be ok. I do have some training to do and some new walking shoes to invest in, but I'm confident that I'll be able to do this walk and have a great time doing it too!

Heather, also a client at The Healthy Weigh, is the one that told me about the team. She's lost 103 pounds which is incredible. It will be fun to share this time with her as we both push hard to accomplish our goals.

It's going to be a fun summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping me a note!