Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Visualization

Did everyone make it to the Git 'R Dun class last week? It was great, I thought.

For me it was a good reminder that although eating healthy is a way of life, dieting doesn't have to be! I still have quite a few pounds to go, that was a very necessary reminder that if I buckle down and focus, I can go back to living a more normal life (one that includes more starch - yippee!) eventually.

I did struggle with the visualization portion of the class though. When Letha asked us to imagine our future selves walking toward us, I didn't have a clear picture as to what my future self really could be. It was interesting that when she asked us to do that, I saw the me I am right now reflected back at me.

Although it's good I'm getting happier with who I am now and that I'm doing the things I never thought I would be (hiking, getting up and down off my horse with ease, etc.), I'm sure there are things now that I don't even know I could do with another 40 - 50 pounds off my body.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I've yet to commit to doing it so, my mission (should I choose to accept it) is to write all of those things down and put together a picture of my future self.

One of the things on the list is to get on my horse bareback without a bench or stool or step. Phewie! That's a doozey in and of itself since besides being chunky ... I'm also short! But, if I could do it when I was young, surely I could do it skinny and ... um ... ahem ... slightly older.

What would I look like if I were a size 8?

Could I even dare to think of becoming a jogger? Could I jog three, four, five miles?

Hmmm... so much to consider and I'd better get cracking! The end is in sight and it's time to buckle down and Git 'R Dun!

2 comments:

  1. Gotta admit, it was pretty darn cool when the small was as big as it was! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!