Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Up Just a Little

Isn't Glenda such a sweetie when she so nicely says those words on Tuesdays when we weigh in and our weight is up "just a little"?

It's so much better than "Holy cow, girlfriend what in the world is wrong with you?!?!?!?"

And, knowing Letha and Glenda, I know that last phrase isn't even going through their minds as I step off the scale having just heard "up, just a little".

But it's going through my brain.

The truth is that for the most part I was on plan minus a glass of wine and a bite of snickers bar (thanks Carrie for saving me from the WHOLE bar!) and I seriously doubt that my body is holding onto weight because of those two things. I think it's much more related to stress which with all the running back and forth, processing emotional stuff from my grandpa's death, etc., must be the way my body copes. I hold onto stress, my body holds onto weight.

So, I'm up 2 pounds which means I'm back at 98 pounds total weight lost. I've decided I'm not going to stress about it though because I see that leading to an endless vicious cycle and eventually failure which is NOT an option.

Instead I'm contemplating another 100 pound reward ... hmmm ... Now that's fun!

Did I mention what my last 100 pound reward was? Can't believe I missed doing that! Everyone had such great ideas. I decided to save the jewelry until the end. I'm going to get something custom made specifically to symbolize my journey. That's still TBD.

Instead I splurged and ordered new saddle bags (for my horse ... not for me ... I'm losing MY personal saddle bags thank you very much) and some equipment I need in order to participate in Mounted Search and Rescue (MSAR) with my horse.

See, last year when I asked about joining MSAR, I was told that I probably wouldn't be a good candidate because I'd have to mount and dismount without any assistance and lead my horse quite a distance on a trail ... I mean like hike and stuff (eek!). Those two small things meant I shouldn't even bother trying out. I was bummed.

This year though, was a different story. We had the test earlier this month and I'm proud to say that my horse and I passed and are now on the MSAR team! Ordering the equipment seemed like a fitting reward. Something I couldn't do 100 pounds ago was now possible. Cool!

So perhaps in another 2 pounds ... when I hit 100 pounds again ... I'll celebrate all over and reward myself not only for hitting the number but for moving forward regardless of the hiccups that come up along the way.

100 pounds ... here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! Good attitude! Believe you me, there is nothing more motivating than being "up" in front of a group of people....look what it made me do this week! You keep your head in the right place and your heart and actions will follow....with amazing results! I have COMPLETE faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was up too. But it's ok. Going to be back down soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!