Sunday, June 7, 2009

Inspiration Song

I'm not necessarily a Miley Cyrus fan. In fact, when I think of her, I generally think of young giggly teenage girls and then remember I used to be one too a long long long ... ahhhmmm ... long time ago and that then makes me feel all old and decrept and stuff so I generally just try not go down that path in the first place.

Anyway, her most recent song though, is really inspiring. Have you heard it? It's called The Climb. The words are powerful. For those of us on a weight loss journey, it's a great message to keep tucked in the back of our minds.

It's not about "how fast we get there". Isn't that the truth?

I'm pasting the words here for you to read through. In addition, the video is included below. It has a horse in it so I had to post it! Except, and this is just me being picky, she's holding onto the horn and she's got her hands up to her ears with the reins ... not good! ... ok ... anyway ... most of you non-horsey people could care less so I'll move along.

Miley Cyrus - The Climb
I can almost see it
That dream I'm dreaming but
There's a voice inside my head saying,
You'll never reach it,
Every step I'm taking,
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking
but I Got to keep trying
Got to keep my head held high

There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm gonna to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's The Climb

The struggles I'm facing,
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes they knock me down but
No I'm not breaking
I mean I know it
But these are the moments that
I'm going to remember most yeah
Just got to keep going
And I,
I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on,

There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm gonna to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes you going to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

Keep on moving
Keep climbing
Keep the faith baby
It's all about
It's all about
The climb
Keep the faith
Keep your faith

6 comments:

  1. Heather (Smallest Winners)June 7, 2009 at 3:33 PM

    Wendy, I am so glad that you posted this! Now I am not the only one feeling inspired by this song & can admit it outloud! I came across it a couple of months ago...and for that week happened to write the lyrics up and down the pages of my food diary to keep my inspired, aside from downloading it to my mp3 player and listening to it everyday for quite a while to keep my head in the game.

    Music is so powerful. For me, it is life and soul food. I could not exist without the gift of music!

    Glad to hear you are inspired by this song...and that you aren't giving up, no matter how long it takes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really inspired by that song. I'm not a big fan of hers either but the words were so beautiful. I agree with Heather, music is so powerful!

    I'll ignore the reins! :)
    Thanks Wendy.

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke is VERY happy that Aunt Wendy likes this song as it is her favorite. :-) Inspiration is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Brooke! Love that neice-o-mine. :) And, if I like music that such a youngster likes perhaps I'm not as old as I think I might be ... although ... I just used the word youngster ... hmmm ... yep, I'm old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, in our house you've become the cool one! How's that for compliments! :-) After all, you play wizard, have cool horses, and now you listen to Brooke's favorite song. I am slipping in the ranks around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might be the cool one but remember, you're the smart one as per Koby. Ha! :)

    Gotta love those kiddos!

    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!