Thursday, May 7, 2009

Biggest Loser Inspiration

Did anyone catch the week 17 episode of the Biggest Loser? I know the Blazer game was on so many people missed it and if so, I'd encourage you to check it out on Hulu.com.

I thought the challenge the contestants needed to accomplish was brilliant. I've embedded a snippet of that challenge below so that you can check it out.




What a symbolic way to recognize how much weight those participants had lost. Amazing really to see how much of a struggle it was for them to accomplish the task in the beginning with all that weight attached to their bodies.

This reminds me of Glenda's directive to pick up the dog food bags in the grocery store.

I need to do these things again when prepping for my next 50 pounds. I mean, I've come to terms with what 100 pounds means (even though I'm two pounds shy - ugh!) but I need to grasp what another 50 and reaching my goal will do for me.

As part of The Healthy Weigh's Team Challenge last week, we had to list out the seven ways in which our lives would change when we hit our goal. That was a really hard task for me as I'm accomplishing the things that I had originally written down when I started at The Healthy Weigh in September.

I need to create a new "goal" list.

So, instead of settling for getting on my horse without a bench or step (which I can already do), could I really dare to think that in another 50 pounds I could bound onto my horse bareback without any aid? Shocking!

Could I perhaps ... just maybe ... be able to walk into a room of strangers with confidence?

And could I really be comfortable accepting a compliment? Really?

Hmmm...

What a great opportunity to adjust my focus.

I'm not finished with my goal. I am over 1/2 way through but now it's time to complete the journey. As Letha and Glenda readily point out, having a vision for my life at goal will be paramount to my success.

With that, I'm off to think, ponder, and revise my list. I need to come up with some really great stuff. And don't worry, I'm sure I'll be torturing you all with the list just as soon as I come up with it!

In the meantime, feel free to share things that made it onto your list. I could use a bit of inspiration!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't get my list made last week. I did some journaling about it but didn't finalize a list. One thing I so look forward to is NO LAYERS OF CLOTHS to "hide" the lumps. I will be able to toss on a shirt and dare I say a bit form fitting and out the door with nary a thought of lumps....hey I am busy performing a major "lumpectomy" HA!
    Another is knowing I have done everything in my power and no doubt with some devine intervention, to make my body strong and healthy.
    Another thinggggggggg. I'll have the energy, strength and passion to do whatever my heart desires! No more filtering out the fun cause I'm too fat to enjoy participating.
    Lordy somebody stop me...I'm on a roll.
    I watched the biggest loser finalists run a marathon this week!!! OMG! from 300-400 pounds to running a marathon! Gives me a smige of hope....gulp....that I could too! Whew there I said it.
    Oh and here's another one...I love the water and boating of any sort. When I went white water rafting I was terrified, not of drowning mind you, but of falling out of the raft and being humiliated while they tried to drag me back into the raft. Needless to say I hung on for dear life! Last summer I got out of the boat for a swim only to find the ladder was much more difficult than I thought to climb back in. Thought I was going to have to swim behind the boat home! Finally hauled my carcass in ending up with skinned shins and a bruised ego.
    NO MORE I SAY!!
    I will water ski again..don't care if it's been 30 years since the last time.
    I will paddle my kayak all over the lake no matter what it takes to get me in or out of it.
    I will climb beacon rock this summer just to see the view and say I DID IT! Anyone care to join me?
    I will reduce my lumps by 30 pounds by the end of this challenge!
    Man I wonder if I can log this manic typing as exercise!
    Cheers to living lump free!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to buying "sexy" Bra's(sorry Guys). Now your definition of "sexy" is probably different from mine. First of all, it will not be large enough for a small family to live in. Secondly,It will not be made out of reinforced everything! Thirdly, it will fit and I will not have to spend the rest of my life adjusting the straps! At this stage of life comfort is everything and I am sure I am much "sexier" when I am not in a high state of irritation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are awesome! I love the lists. I can sooooo relate and I think I might need to steal a couple for my list too.

    Our futures are going to be great. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!