Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The 100 Pound Club

Wuuuuuu-freakin-yabba-dabba-doooo-hooooo!!!!

I'm officially down 100 pounds.

I hit it at the noon team challenge weigh in.

I'm not sure why today my body decided to lose a whole pound between breakfast and lunch, but it did and I'm not questioning it.

Ok, I did question it a little bit ... but Glenda assured me that the scale in the Team Challenge room was 100% accurate so I'm taking my 100 pounds to the bank and considering it official.

I'm not really sure at this point how to even begin to wrap my brain around reaching this goal. It seems somewhat unreal even though I've been waiting for this to happen for like a month!

I do feel though that I've just been accepted into some kinda club called the "100 Pounders" or something. How many people can say that they've lost 100 pounds? I don't know, but how cool that I can officially say it.

It's truly amazing to look back at where I started and think that at one point I didn't think I'd make it to 30 pounds. Then I hit 40 and couldn't imagine hitting 50. At 50, 60 seemed unattainable. At 70 I thought I'd never get to 90. At 90, I struggled each day to hit 100.

But I did it.

I think I've mentioned this before but when I walked into The Healthy Weigh, I didn't know my weight so Letha suggested I just lose 100 pounds in a year. When she said that I wanted to crumple into a ball and die. No way would I ever (EVER) be able to hit 100 pounds, I thought. Since I didn't want to know my weight, she asked me to pick a size that I would be most comfortable being and I picked size 12. How ironic that both of those things ended up coming true within a short time from each other.

When I picked a size 12, I couldn't imagine being smaller than a size 12 because ... well ... being a size 12 was already 1/2 the size that I was at the time. Surely I'd never lose 100 pounds. Surely I'd never be in a size 12. And surely I would fail.

Yet, here I am.

Having reached this goal, anything I do from here on out is cake. Not fatty cake though ... fat-free, guilt-free, life changing cake ... with a bit of icing just 'cause!

I still have weight to lose. I still have toning to do and muscles to build. Truthfully though, I'm winning this battle. I really am. I'm fighting and investing all I have to conquer this thing and it's really paying off.

Now we all get to celebrate and a reward is in order!

Next on the agenda ... I'm movin' out of the 200's baby and it's time to firm up my final number. I see the end in sight because frankly, if I can make it to 100 pounds lost, I know I can complete this journey.

Bring. It. On.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Wendy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that didn't work out like I planned.

    I just don't understand this posting stuff but I sure do understand what you are writing and really appreciate your being willing to just lay it all out there. And look what you have accomplished.
    Congratulations again but this time I'll try to 'sign' my name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! You are inspiring me to not quit, and I am rejoicing with you on your success. What a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wendy I am soooooo happy for you. You have worked the program and it's working for you. Awesome job. Big hugs Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Job!!!! You are inspiring all of us everyday! We all know the struggles and it is comforting to share in your success and look forward to our own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so happy for you when Letha announced you had reached your 100 lb loss!! How incredily great that must feel! You own it and no one can take it from you.
    I watched the Biggest Loser finale last night and oh my gosh it is just amazing how all of these people changed their lives in those short months. I cried many times as they revealed their progress. Jerry!!!!! Falling down ill at the beginning and winning 100K in the end. Money aside the spark of life in him now is incredible. And you my dear!!!!! 100lbs of unwelcome pound passengers cast off as the new you unfolds!!!! Tears just spring to my eyes typing this. You ain't seen nothin yet....ba ba ba baby you ain't seen nothin yet....that is the song that just came to my mind. So many possibilities and opportunities yet to come as a result of life change. I am stronger today because you shared you journey and it gives me hope.
    YOU ROCK GIRL!!!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Wendy! Way to Go!
    I thought of you this morning when I was at the gym. I was stacking 45lb plates on the legpress and as I carried each one, thought about you and the dogfood bags. Two of those is a challenge to keep hold of very long; no wonder when we carried it we could hardly breathe! Thank God Letha taught us that the weight doesn't belong to us! Cheers to you for hitting such a huge hallmark moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You ROCK!!! Congrats!!! so its time for a new 100lb pic!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!