Monday, April 27, 2009

Will Power?

I love this little phrase. I'm not sure who said it, but I finally let it settle into my brain as reality when Letha said it at one of her talks.
Losing weight isn't about will power. All it takes is knowing when to ask for help.

It's sooo true. This plays in my head when I'm lacking that will-power to stay on plan. Truthfully, I find myself asking for help a lot because will power fades quickly especially when chocolate is in the vicinity.

I'm so thankful for my close friends that haven't gotten sick of my phone calls, emails, text messages, facebooking and now blogging ... geesh ... think we might be a little too connected these days!? ... Anyway, they've all been great to me.

Of course, my bi-weekly visits to The Healthy Weigh are also really important. More than once I've gone in and said to them that I was struggling. The support that comes back from the team is incredible. There is no judgement, just open arms and a gentle shove at my back to set me off in the right direction again.

I hope that when you're struggling you reach out to someone and I hope that you'll find, as I did, that being honest and admitting weakness actually strengthens you and your friendships in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping me a note!