Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Whiteboard Motivation

My teammate Holly has a great and very inspirational idea.

Each week, she puts up a new inspirational phrase and/or word on the whiteboard outside of her cube at work. She tries to find a word or phrase that is fitting for her weight loss journey but that will also impact the rest of her life too. She then takes that phrase and applies it throughout the week as often as she can.

The cool thing about it is that as she's been doing this, others have been asking her about her phrase or word. Talking about it with them has inspired her to do things she might not have done or helped her think of things in a new way.

When we started the weight loss challenge, we came up with a whole slew of things she could post on her whiteboard throughout the challenge that would inspire and empower her through the process.

I love this list. I even printed it out and have it posted on my computer screen so that I can repeat this to myself every day at work. I think that the more we challenge ourselves, not only to lose the weight but to change our thoughts, etc., the further we'll come and the better we'll do in the long run.
Challenge yourself
Challenge others
Challenge your beliefs
Challenge your thoughts
Challenge your judgements
Challenge your weaknesses
Challenge the process
Challenge your routines
Challenge your actions
Challenge your history
Challenge your motiviations

So, what do you do to motivate yourself? Do you have tricks that help you along the way?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! I found your blog thanks to my friend Holly showing me she is participating in the challenge at Healthy Weigh.
    I've linked my blog to yours and I'll be reading. This trek is so challenging and yet I'm learning so much about myself along the way. I can see that's true for you too.
    I'll be checking in from time to time to encourage you, and gain some inspiration from YOUR battles as I face my own.
    Best of loss to you, my dear!
    ~Lizbeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! You go girls!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!