Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Little History and Current Weight

Ok, this post is where I have to actually type my weight onto the screen ... make it real ... and then admit to where I started.

Phewie.

This is a toughie. I mean, sure, you can tell by looking at me that I'm not a thin girl but actually admitting the number out loud to the whole wide world seems a bit extreme. And yet, perhaps this will be liberating too. If I can own this number and then toss it away, it won't ever be part of my life again.

Sound like a plan? Ok, I think so too.

I started at The Healthy Weigh on September 25, 2008 and weighed 307.

But that was sooooo 94 pounds ago!

I'll post some pics soon to show where I was and where I am. I don't have a complete 1:1 to compare because truthfully, when I weighed 307 pounds, I ran in the opposite direction of any camera. Or maybe not "ran" per se because that would have been too much effort at that weight but I did get out of there as fast I could possibly go.

All of this is not to say that losing 94 pounds has been easy. There have been many hard days and yes, even weeks. I've woken up thinking "I will never be able to do this" and "This is too hard".

But through the awesome team at The Healthy Weigh, I'm learning to change those thoughts. It's a slow process, but there's light at the end of the tunnel and now when I wake up I think "Wow, it's going to be a great day".

Ok, enough rah-rah stuff.

I still have a ways to go in my weight loss. I'm participating in the Team Weight Loss Challenge which will help me kick this into high gear but I'd like to lose at least another 55 pounds which would put me squarely at 160.

As of today, I weigh 213.

Are you ready to complete this journey with me?

Let's go!

4 comments:

  1. YES I AM READY!!!!!!!!!! I am SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO (Okay, I could write those forever with how truly SO proud of you I am) PROUD of you!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how it feels to have said the number now that you did, but I hope liberating is what you're going with. It's an accomplishment that you should be very proud of and a number you will never see again! I am SO SO SO....(okay, stop that..) Proud OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so terrific the road you are taking and where you have come so far. I am amazed by you. Plus what an inspiriation. This is not an easy path you are taking but way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Your comments are so sweet and I truly appreciate your support. You're all pretty darn amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool Wendy! Not only have you lost weight, but more importantly you are a happier, healthy girl (= I see the changes in you everytime I see you! I have no doubt in my mind you will reach your goals!! You are an inspiration to many..keep up the good work! Remember - does matter where you started..only where your headed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping me a note!